<rss xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/" xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:base="https://globalsouthworld.com/rss/tag/IDF" version="2.0">
  <channel>
    <atom:link href="https://www.globalsouthworld.com/rss/tag/IDF" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
    <title>Global South World - IDF</title>
    <link>https://www.globalsouthworld.com</link>
    <language>en-US</language>
    <description><![CDATA[News, opinion and analysis focused on the Global South and rising nations across the world. Delivered by journalists on the ground in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. From politics and business to technology, science and social issues, Global South World is the first place to come for accurate and trusted information.]]></description>
    <item>
      <title>IDF says Iran made ‘grave mistake’ after missile launches toward Israel</title>
      <link>https://www.globalsouthworld.com/article/idf-says-iran-made-grave-mistake-after-missile-launches-toward-israel</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.globalsouthworld.com/article/idf-says-iran-made-grave-mistake-after-missile-launches-toward-israel?feed=IDF</guid>
      <pubDate>Sun, 07 Jun 2026 22:07:05 Z</pubDate>
      <description><![CDATA[<p>In a televised statement on Sunday, June 7, IDF spokesperson Effie Defrin said the  military  had activated defensive measures and was prepared for additional attacks.</p>
<p>“We have prepared for this. The IDF is strongly prepared in defence and strongly prepared in offence. Air defence systems are deployed all across the country,” Defrin said.</p>
<p>He added that Israel’s military leadership was assessing the situation and preparing further actions.</p>
<p>Defrin accused Iran of escalating tensions through direct missile attacks.</p>
<p>“The Iranian terror regime made a grave mistake when it chose terrorism once again. The regime is attempting to create a new equation by conducting direct fire into our territory in response to IDF strikes in the Dahiyeh. We will not allow this.”</p>
<p>The spokesperson said Israeli strikes in Beirut’s southern suburbs had been carried out in response to attacks from Hezbollah.</p>
<p>“We struck in the Dahiyeh following Hezbollah's relentless firing toward northern communities. The IDF will continue to operate throughout Lebanon and will deepen the blow to the Hezbollah terrorist organisation. We will not allow continued firing toward the citizens of the State of Israel.”</p>
<p>The statement came amid escalating hostilities involving Israel, Iran and Hezbollah, following Israeli strikes in Beirut’s southern suburbs and subsequent missile launches attributed to Iran.</p>
]]></description>
      <source url="https://www.globalsouthworld.com">Global South World</source>
      <media:content url="https://cdn.vpplayer.tech/agmipocc/encode/vjsojnkk/mp4/1440p.mp4" medium="video" type="video/mp4">
        <media:title>IDF says Iran made ‘grave mistake’ after missile launches toward Israel</media:title>
      </media:content>
      <media:thumbnail url="https://gsw.codexcdn.net/assets/asUsU7tNNs5c4z8Y0.png?width=1280&amp;height=720&amp;quality=75&amp;r=fill&amp;g=no" />
      <dc:creator><![CDATA[Global South World]]></dc:creator>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Netanyahu says Israel will continue strikes against Hezbollah in Lebanon</title>
      <link>https://www.globalsouthworld.com/article/netanyahu-says-israel-will-continue-strikes-against-hezbollah-in-lebanon</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.globalsouthworld.com/article/netanyahu-says-israel-will-continue-strikes-against-hezbollah-in-lebanon?feed=IDF</guid>
      <pubDate>Mon, 01 Jun 2026 12:13:18 Z</pubDate>
      <description><![CDATA[<p>In a video address on Monday, June 1, Netanyahu defended the ongoing  military  operations and said Hezbollah positions in the Lebanese capital would not be exempt from attack.</p>
<p>“There could be no situation where Hezbollah attacks our cities and citizens, and its terror headquarters in Beirut’s Dahieh remain off-limits,” Netanyahu said.</p>
<p>“In southern Lebanon, we are eliminating Hezbollah strongholds. Hezbollah is on the run. We are determined to restore  security  to the residents of the north, exactly as we did for the residents of the south,” he added.</p>
<p>The comments came after Netanyahu confirmed on Friday that Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) troops had crossed the Litani River, marking a deeper advance into Lebanon.</p>
<p>The military operations are taking place despite a ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon and ongoing US-mediated negotiations.</p>
]]></description>
      <source url="https://www.globalsouthworld.com">Global South World</source>
      <media:content url="https://cdn.vpplayer.tech/agmipocc/encode/vjsojjkx/mp4/1440p.mp4" medium="video" type="video/mp4">
        <media:title>Netanyahu vows more attacks on Hezbollah</media:title>
      </media:content>
      <media:thumbnail url="https://gsw.codexcdn.net/assets/asigB0XV8tJdZLNYs.jpg?width=1280&amp;height=720&amp;quality=75&amp;r=fill&amp;g=no" />
      <dc:creator><![CDATA[Global South World]]></dc:creator>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>