Israel says missile launched by Yemen's Houthis 'most likely' intercepted
The Israeli army said on Saturday that a missile fired from Yemen towards Israeli territory had been "most likely successfully intercepted", while Yemen's Houthi forces claimed responsibility for the launch.
Israel has threatened Yemen's Iran-aligned Houthi movement - which has been attacking Israel in what it says is solidarity with Gaza - with a naval and air blockade if its attacks on Israel persist.
The Houthi military spokesperson Yahya Saree said the group was responsible for Saturday's attack, adding that it fired a missile towards the southern Israeli city of Beersheba.
Since the start of Israel's war in Gaza in October 2023, the Houthis, who control most of Yemen, have been firing at Israel and at shipping in the Red Sea, disrupting global trade.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Turkmenistan Roundup: Halk Maslahaty preparations, smart energy, and Caspian diplomacy
Most of the dozens of missiles and drones they have launched have been intercepted or fallen short. Israel has carried out a series of retaliatory strikes.
This article was produced by Reuters news agency. It has not been edited by Global South World.