Israeli minister tells US that large-scale Iranian attack expected, Axios reports
- #Americas
- #Asia
- #Pacific
- #Conflicts
- #War
- #Peace
- #Defense
- #Diplomacy
- #Foreign Policy
- #Europe
- #Middle East and Africa
- #Emerging Market Countries
- #Aid Relief
- #Humanitarian Agencies
- #Insurgencies
- #Middle East
- #North America
- #Non-Governmental Organizations
- #government
- #Politics
- #US President
- #International
- #National Security
- #South-West Asia
- #Gulf
- #Military Conflicts

Israeli minister tells US that large-scale Iranian attack expected, Axios reports
Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant told U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Sunday that Iran was making preparations for a large-scale military attack on Israel, Axios reporter Barak Ravid said in a post on X, citing a source with knowledge of the call.
In a statement on Monday, Gallant's ministry confirmed the call took place overnight. It said Gallant and Austin discussed operational and strategic coordination and the Israeli military's readiness in the face of Iranian threats.
Austin has meanwhile ordered the deployment of a guided missile submarine to the Middle East. The U.S. military had already said it would deploy additional fighter jets and Navy warships to the region to bolster Israeli defences.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Explosions at Taiwan waste site injure 15, damage dozens of homes
On Friday, an Iranian Revolutionary Guards deputy commander was quoted as saying by local news agencies that Iran was set to carry out an order by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to "harshly punish" Israel over the assassination on July 31 of the leader of Palestinian militant group Hamas in Tehran.
This article was produced by Reuters news agency. It has not been edited by Global South World.