Man charged with bomb hoax over incident at U.S. embassy in London, UK police say

A man has been charged with a bomb hoax after an incident outside the United States Embassy in London last week, British police said on Monday.
Daniel Parmenter, 43, who has been charged, was arrested on Sunday after a search of his home address. He was remanded in custody at a court hearing on Monday and will appear at the Old Bailey on Dec. 23, police said in a statement.
"There are no current links between this investigation and any similar incidents of reported suspicious packages in recent days," the statement added.
A security alert at London's Gatwick airport on Friday, the the same day as the embassy incident, was resolved after a bomb disposal team dealt with a suspected prohibited item found in luggage at the airport's south terminal.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

RSF index reveals that press freedom gaps widened globally in 2025
A day later on Saturday police carried out a controlled explosion near the Euston train station in central London after investigating a suspect package.
This article was produced by Reuters news agency. It has not been edited by Global South World.