One miner dead after tremor in Poland, one still missing

One miner dead after tremor in Poland, one still missing
One miner died and one was still trapped underground after a pit in southern Poland was struck by an earth tremor, mine owner PGG said on Thursday evening.
Representatives of the mine said earlier that one of the miners was being brought to the surface without giving any details on his condition.
Some 76 miners had been brought to the surface earlier and 17 had been taken to nearby hospitals with one seriously hurt, PGG CEO Leszek Pietraszek said during a televised news conference in the afternoon.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

RSF index reveals that press freedom gaps widened globally in 2025
PGG spokesperson Aleksandra Wysocka-Siembiga earlier said the tremor occurred at around 0600 GMT about 1,200 metres (3,960 feet) below ground at the Rydultowy mine.
This article was produced by Reuters news agency. It has not been edited by Global South World.