Two youths arrested as France says it has foiled planned attack

Two youths aged 16 were arrested in the north of France earlier this week on suspicion of planning attacks on a shopping centre or concert venue, said the French anti-terrorist prosecutor's office on Friday.

The anti-terrorist prosecutor said one of the 16-year olds had started to follow jihadist propaganda. It did not name the two 16-year olds who had been arrested.

This article was produced by Reuters news agency. It has not been edited by Global South World.