Seven Palestinians killed in West Bank's Jenin, some in drone strike

Israeli raid in Jenin
Israeli military vehicles manoeuvre on a road during a raid in Jenin, amid the ongoing conflict between Israel and the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas, in the Israeli-occupied West Bank, December 12, 2023. REUTERS/Raneen Sawafta
Source: X06541

Seven Palestinians killed in West Bank's Jenin, some in drone strike

Seven Palestinians were killed in the occupied West Bank city of Jenin on Tuesday, including five in a drone strike during an Israeli raid, the Palestinian health ministry and the Palestinian official news agency WAFA said.

They said the dead included a 13-year-old who died after Israeli forces prevented an ambulance from transferring him to the hospital to receive medical treatment.

Israel's military confirmed the drone strike, and said it had killed an unspecified number of Palestinians who were spotted hurling explosive devices and firing at its forces.

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Press freedom

RSF index reveals that press freedom gaps widened globally in 2025

Israeli troops were operating "to expose explosive devices planted under roads to attack the security forces", the military said in a statement.

The troops found weapons, ammunition and explosive devices, tunnels and an observation control room, and dismantled a bomb making site, the statement said.

One other person was injured in the attack on Al-Sibat neighbourhood in the city of Jenin, WAFA reported.

Jenin's hospital director told the agency the Palestinians were directly targeted.

Israeli forces are encircling three hospitals in the area, WAFA added.

Before this attack, the health ministry reported that 275 Palestinians had been killed in the occupied West Bank since the Oct. 7 attack on southern Israel by gunmen of the Islamist movement Hamas operating out of the Gaza Strip.

This article was produced by Reuters news agency. It has not been edited by Global South World.