Drone launched at Netanyahu home in northern Israel, spokesman says

A member of Israeli security personnel stands at the entrance to a street, following a drone attack from Lebanon towards Israel amid ongoing hostilities between Hezbollah and Israel, in Caesarea
A member of Israeli security personnel stands at the entrance to a street, following a drone attack from Lebanon towards Israel amid ongoing hostilities between Hezbollah and Israel, in Caesarea, Israel, October 19, 2024 REUTERS/Rami Shlush
Source: REUTERS

A drone was launched towards Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's home in the northern Israeli town of Caesarea on Saturday, his spokesman said, adding that the premier was not in the vicinity and there were no casualties.

Earlier, the Israeli military said that a drone was launched from Lebanon and that it had hit a building. It was not immediately clear what the building was.

Two more drones that crossed into Israeli territory were intercepted, the military said.

There were no casualties reported, according to the Israeli ambulance service and police said explosions had been heard in Caesarea, coastal town where Netanyahu has a holiday home.

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Press freedom

RSF index reveals that press freedom gaps widened globally in 2025

The drone attack was not immediately claimed by the Lebanese Iran-backed group Hezbollah, which has been trading fire with Israel since last October, or any other militant group.

This article was produced by Reuters news agency. It has not been edited by Global South World.