Indonesian mosque explosion injures dozens, suspect identified, official says

An explosion at a mosque in Indonesia's capital Jakarta during Friday prayers that injured dozens of people could have been an attack, officials indicated, with a 17-year-old identified as the "suspected perpetrator".
The country's deputy house speaker Sufmi Dasco Ahmad, speaking to media after visiting a hospital, said the suspect was currently undergoing surgery.
Jakarta city police chief Asep Edi Suheri told reporters 55 people had been admitted to hospitals with a range of minor to serious injuries, including burns from the blast at the mosque inside a school complex in the Kelapa Gading area.
An investigation was underway, police said.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Survivors mourn 52 killed in Nigeria boat capsizing
This article was produced by Reuters news agency. It has not been edited by Global South World.