Heavy rain in Yemen leaves 40 dead, five missing

Heavy rain in Yemen leaves 40 dead, five missing
The death toll in western Yemen from heavy rains earlier this week has risen to 40, with five others missing, Houthi officials and aid workers said on Wednesday.
More than 500 homes had to be evacuated and many roads were blocked by flooding in Hodeidah province, much of which, including the port, is under the Iran-aligned Houthi movement's control.
The United Nations' Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said on Wednesday that aid partners had begun deliveries "amid the need for urgent support," to thousands of families affected by the rains.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Survivors mourn 52 killed in Nigeria boat capsizing
This article was produced by Reuters news agency. It has not been edited by Global South World.