Israel accuses South Africa of making false claims at ICJ genocide case

South Africa ask World Court for more emergency measures over Israel's Rafah offensive, in The Hague
Deputy Attorney General for International Law from Ministry of Justice of Israel, Gilad Noam, looks to his right at the International Court of Justice (ICJ), at the start of a hearing where South Africa requests new emergency measures over Israel's attacks on Rafah, as part of an ongoing case South Africa filed at the ICJ in December last year accusing Israel of violating the Genocide Convention during its offensive against Palestinians in Gaza, in The Hague Netherlands May 16, 2024. REUTERS/Yves Herman
Source: REUTERS

Israel accuses South Africa of making false claims at ICJ genocide case

Israel's foreign ministry said South Africa was 'presenting biased and false claims' that 'rely on unreliable Hamas sources' in response to a case brought to the U.N.'s top court accusing Israel of genocide on Thursday.

"Israel acts in accordance with international law and its humanitarian obligations," a statement from the Israeli foreign ministry said. "While implementing measures to minimize harm to civilians and civilian facilities."

The ministry called on the International Court of Justice, also known as the World Court, "to reject South Africa's appeal and to bring the abuse of the Court to an end."

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

US oil investment push

Niger Roundup: US oil investment push, security concerns in Bilma, soaring meat prices grip Niger

This article was produced by Reuters news agency. It has not been edited by Global South World.