WHO official: more than 300 cholera deaths reported in Sudan

WHO official: more than 300 cholera deaths reported in Sudan

The humanitarian crisis from the civil war in Sudan is also exacerbating infections including cholera, and the bacterial disease has killed more than 300 people in the region, a World Health Official said on Friday.

WHO official Margaret Harris said in a media call that 11,327 cholera cases with 316 deaths had been reported and that dengue fever and meningitis infections were also on the rise.

"We expect to have more than has been reported," she added.

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

US oil investment push

Niger Roundup: US oil investment push, security concerns in Bilma, soaring meat prices grip Niger

This article was produced by Reuters news agency. It has not been edited by Global South World.