Israeli refusal to allow safe entry of Gaza aid stalls truce talks, Palestinian sources say

FILE PHOTO: Palestinians receive aid supplies in Beit Lahia
FILE PHOTO: Palestinians gather to receive aid supplies in Beit Lahia, in the northern Gaza Strip, June 16, 2025. REUTERS/Dawoud Abu Alkas/File Photo
Source: REUTERS

Israel's refusal to allow the free and safe entry of humanitarian aid into Gaza remains the main obstacle to progress in the ceasefire talks being held in Qatar, Palestinian sources told Reuters on Monday.

The two sources said mediators hosted one indirect round of ceasefire talks between Palestinian militant group Hamas and Israeli officials earlier on Monday, and talks were expected to resume in the evening.

This article was produced by Reuters news agency. It has not been edited by Global South World.